MINOR LIABILITY WAIVER:
I/we understand that SEEDLings is a program of SEED Studio and all protections extended to SEEDLings in this waiver, also extend to SEED Studio. I/we am aware that in addition to the usual dangers and risks inherent in camp and school activities, certain additional dangers and risks are present when using the SEED Studio Facilities, including, but not limited to, the danger and risk of falling, jumping, climbing, using supplies in an open art studio, using stairs, being exposed to illnesses, running and colliding with other staff, children, and adults. I/we affirm in signing this waiver that the child or children listed on this form are in good health and of ability to explore the SEED Studio Facilities and playrooms and/or attend SEEDLings/SEED Studio classes and programs. By signing this waiver, I/we freely accept and fully assume responsibility for all such dangers and risks and the possibility of personal injury, death, property damage or loss resulting there from. In consideration of utilizing the SEED Studio Facilities for other good and valuable consideration, I/we hereby agree as follows:
1. TO WAIVE ANY AND ALL CLAIMS for personal injury including death, illness, and/or property damage that I/we may have against SEED Studio, their partners, principals, directors, officers, sponsors, affiliates, agents, employees, contractors, representatives and any volunteers in any way associated with SEED Studio all of whom are hereinafter collectively referred to as “the Releasees.”
2. TO RELEASE THE RELEASEES FROM ANY AND ALL LIABILITY for any loss, damage, injury, death, medical or other expense that I/we may suffer or that any other party may suffer as a result of my use of SEED Studio or in my participation in any SEED Studio classes, activities, and/or events, and other SEED Studio activities, due to any cause whatsoever.
3. HARMLESS AND INDEMNIFY THE RELEASEES from any and all liability for any property damage or personal injury to any third party, resulting from my use of SEED Studio Facilities or by my participation in any SEED Studio classes and other SEED Studio activities.
4. THIS RELEASE OF LIABILITY SHALL BE EFFECTIVE AND BINDING upon my heirs, next of kin, executors, administrators, successors, and assigns in the event of my personal injury including death, illness, and/or property damage.
5. I/WE ADDITIONALLY AGREE not to take unreasonable risks while exploring the building, parking lot, yards, and open studio of SEED Studio and to not take any unreasonable risks while participating in any SEED Studio classes or events including but not limited to attempting skills or moves that I am not qualified to perform safely or causing any other participants/spectators unreasonable risk of harm.
6. I/WE ADDITIONALLY AGREE that I/we shall follow common sense and correct safety procedures when using the SEED Studio Facilities. I/we also expressly grant to SEED Studio, and any third party authorized by SEED Studio, the right to film, videotape, photograph, record my voice and make any reproductions of my physical likeness and voice, and the irrevocable right in perpetuity to use, display, and digitally enhance or alter in any manner, such likeness in any media now known or hereafter devised, including, but not limited to, the exhibition and/or online use, broadcast, theatrically or on television, cable or radio, any motion picture film, video tape, DVD, CD or any Internet service or program in which such likeness may be used or otherwise, or any published articles, catalogs, or websites in which such likeness may be printed, used or incorporated, and in the advertising, exploiting and publicizing of SEED Studio products, licensed products, and all affiliated relationships.
I/we understand we can request that our child not have photos or video taken at SEED Studio.
7. I/WE ADDITIONALLY AGREE that I/we believe my child or children to be physically, mentally, and developmentally prepared to participate in SEED Studio activities and accept the supervision and guidance of the SEED Studio instructors and staff as they lead activities and oversee free play in the building and yards.
8. I/WE ADDITIONALLY AGREE that in accompanying the above listed child or children to SEED Studio, I/we assume the inherent risk of allowing the child or children to explore play rooms and open studio environments that include ramps, stairs, brick planters, open water tubs, small beads and potential choking hazards, potential allergens such as nuts and gluten, hot water taps, hot beverages, and unsecured chairs, tables, and furnishings. I/we additionally agree that the previous sentence is not a comprehensive list of potential hazards and that I/we are solely responsible for determining other potential hazards in SEED Studio.
9. In the event of any suspected injury or medical condition, I/we consent to treatment of our child by SEED Studio staff to stabilize our child’s health before we or emergency care arrives. I/we authorize SEED Studio staff to seek and authorize any emergency care and understand SEED Studio will contact any and all people listed on this registration form. I/we further consent to, and agree to pay for, any medical treatment my child may receive from any other healthcare providers. In the event that the SEED Studio staff deems emergency transportation necessary, I/we agree to pay the cost of transportation to a medical facility. I/we agree to inform SEED Studio of any medical conditions or allergies my child has, as well as to provide updated, accurate emergency contact information on the registration form.
I/WE HEREBY CERTIFY THAT I/we have read and understand this Release of Liability prior to signing it, and I/we am aware that by signing this Release of Liability I/we am waiving certain legal rights which I/we or my heirs, next of kin, executors, administrators, successors, and assigns may have against the Releasees.
SEED Studio shall have the right to impose any additional conditions which, in the opinion of the Releasees, will further the intent and legal rights and waivers provided herein. This Liability Waiver was made and executed in the State of California and shall be governed by, enforced in and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of California. I/we acknowledge that in executing this Waiver, I/we are not relying on any inducements, promises, or representations made by the Releasees.
I am acting on behalf of the child’s other parent or legal guardian in signing this contract and I have authority to bind such other parent or legal guardian to the terms and conditions of this contract on his or her behalf.
I. The Parties. Effective on the date class is being taken, I, the parent or
legal guardian grant the business entity known as SEED Studio
my permission to use any and all photographs taken of my child for any legal use, including but not limited to: publicity, copyright purposes, illustration, advertising, and web content.
II. Payment. There shall be no payment made by SEED Studio as part of this release.
III. Rights. Such permission may not be assigned and is only valid for use by SEED Studio.
IV. Royalties. No royalty, fee or other compensation shall be payable or due to the parent or child by reason of such release.
Waiver Signature: I agree to the terms defined in the preceding waiver.